Weekend Wrap Up

Sunday 2 August 2015

My husband owns his own business, which is great (most of the time).  There are a ton of benefits to being your own boss.  Like setting your own price, being creative, problem solving on the fly, and having more freedom in your schedule.  

The last one is the one that really makes a difference to our family.  We don't have much family living near us, though we have lots of friends, so it can be hard to find babysitters in the middle of the day.  So when I have to go to the dentist or get my haircut, it's nice that my husband can work it into his schedule and be home for a few hours with the kids.  

And this week I get to go to the dentist and get a massage, good with the bad huh?

Anyways...back to the weekend stuff.  Good with the bad...here's the bad thing about having your own business, you don't always get to have a normal home life.  My husband answers phone calls late at night, in the middle of the night and early morning.  He has to, if a client calls you have to answer. And if a client decides they need work done late at night or on the weekends, he has to do that as well.  

Though saying that, my hubby does try and keep the late night/weekend stuff to a minimum if he can. 

But this weekend he had no choice, he worked Saturday and Sunday.  Plus he had some "guy time" on Friday night (which he deserves) that got him home after midnight.  So I had the kids all weekend and it rained most of the time, which means we stayed home and went bonkers.

Blah blah..here's my point, if my husband doesn't get a break on the weekends, I don't either.  I hate feeling like I had no break in the routine or some time to myself over the weekend.  It makes me feel tired and dread the week ahead.

So as soon as the Hubs gets home this afternoon I am hightailing it out of here.  I may just go to mom nirvana...Target.  Ahhh, just the thought of a solo Target trip makes me feel better.  Hope you had a good weekend.  Thanks for listening.

Here are few pics to illustrate our wild weekend, including Disney movies on the couch and dress up sessions.










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs