Weekend Wrap Up

Sunday 9 August 2015

Another weekend has come and (nearly) gone.  Sigh.

This weekend we were lucky enough to have dad home.  Yay!  Since he worked all of last weekend, it was a nice change around here.

Saturday we invited some friends around for dinner so we could finally meet their new bubs.  We had seen him at Poppy's birthday party, but you don't get a proper hold or cuddle at a party.  So we had to get in some newborn cuddles.

But of course "dinner" to my Italian husband means an all day cooking event resulting in waaaay too much food.  Great food, but too much of it.  The bonus of his marathon cooking meant I slipped out of the house during naps and got to go grocery shopping on my own (yay).

Ya, a solo grocery store trip gets a "yay" these days.

And I had to stop at the Kmart next door too, how could I resist.   But what did I buy?  Kids stuff. Yep, I can't stop myself from looking at all the new summer kids clothing and picking up a few items.  I might have an addiction to kids clothes shopping.

So Sunday was even more exciting with a trip to Costco.  We just got a Costco here this year and it's fantastic.  I grew up with a Costco store in California, but they are just opening up stores here in Australia.   I love Costco!  I mean we bough nappies/diapers, wipes, snacks, a tool set, chapstick and kids clothes and shoes (I told you I had a problem).   It's fantastic!

And today I noticed Costco is carrying Carters/OshKosh clothing and shoes.  I mean, does it get any better?  NO.

And the other big event this weekend was installing Poppy's forward-facing car seat.  Bean freaked out when we put him forward-facing so I wanted to catch Poppy's reaction.  But girl played it cool and hardly even reacted.  Such a girl.






Well, that's that.  Hope you all had a great weekend too.  Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs